Global Video on Demand Market is valued at USD 39.08 Billion (€ 33.07 Bn) in 2019 and expected to reach USD 108.34 Billion (€ 91.67 Bn) by 2026 with the CAGR of 15.6 % over the forecast period.
Scope of the report
Video on Demand is a service which provides entertainment content on the smartphones, laptops TV via wireless networks. It provides platform to watch dramas, news, music, movies, sports etc. anytime anywhere. In recent years the industry has witnessed unprecedented increase in video on demand consumption on Smartphones due to the growing internet speed and access to multimedia devices. It is estimated that video streaming is responsible for more than 20 percent of overall Internet traffic. Globally internet users are growing at an annual growth rate of more than 7 % adding 875,000 new users each day. Each user spends more than 6 hours on internet each day. Growing shift of consumers toward digital content and significant growth in wireless market is expected to foster the growth in coming years.
This report analyses the global market for Video on Demand. The report will enable the user to understand and gain insights into the current and forecast market situation. The market is comprehensively analyzed by geography to give complete information on the global scenario. The qualitative and quantitative data provided in this study can help user understand which market segments, regions are expected to grow at higher rates, factors affecting the market and key opportunity areas. The report also includes competitive landscape of key players in the industry along with emerging trends in the market.
Above mentioned companies were scrutinized to assess competitive landscape of global Video on Demand market. Report provides company profiles of each player. Each profile include company product portfolio,business overview, company governance, company financials, business strategies, manufacturing locations and production facilities, company sale, recent developments and strategic collaborations & partnerships, new product launch, company segments, application diversification and company strength and weakness analysis.
Review period: (2016-2026)
Historic Period: 2016 to 2019
Forecast Period: 2020 to 2026
Base Year: 2019
Unit: USD Billion
This Video on Demand market report provides insights on new trade regulations, market size, regional and segment market share, product/service launches, product pipeline analysis, impact of Covid-19 on, key regions, untapped markets, patent analysis, approvals, continuous innovations and developments in the market.
• North America: U.S., Canada and Rest of North America
• Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific: China, Japan, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Middle East and Africa: Gulf Countries, Israel, Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa
Global video on demand market is dominated by North America. U.S. is largest OTT market worldwide. The growth in the region is attributed to the advanced telecom infrastructure, presence of key OTT players and better internet access. The penetration rate of OTT households in the United States has grown from 2.3% in 2010 to 9.3% until 2017. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market with lot of potential. The growth in the region was credited to the rapid penetration of smartphones, rising urbanization and significant increase in the number of internet users. China is second largest OTT market in the world. The country is witnessing rapid growth in subscription-based and ad-based video on demand market. 60% of Chinese video on demand market is dominated by local companies such as iQiyi, Tencent Video and Youku Tudou. The growth was also recorded in countries like India, Australia, Japan and South Korea. India is currently the world’s fastest growing OTT market, and is all set to emerge as the world’s sixth-largest by 2024. The growth in the region was mainly due to improved network speeds, demand for HD and UHD video content, rising disposable income and major investments from OTT service providers like Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ Hotstar and others.
Global Video on Demand Market Dynamics
Video on-Demand has caused huge disruption in the entertainment industry. By providing the comfort of watching videos at one’s convenience in terms of time, place and device the platform has been a game changer. Global Video-on-Demand market is driven by key factors such as rising populations, increasing disposable incomes and new technologies. Further increased internet accessibility in developing countries, growing investments in OTT platforms and young audience around the world is boosting the growth of global Video-on-Demand market. However, regulatory frameworks across regions, high cost of content creation are restraining the growth of market. Implementations of new technologies to improve customer experience such as AI-driven tools are unlocking new opportunities for the market.
o Travel and Hospitality
o Media Entertainment and Gaming
• An overview of the global Video on Demand market
• In depth analysis of market dynamics and major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends influencing the global market
• Global Video on Demand market revenue data historic and forecast analysis (2016 to 2026)
• Characterization and quantification of the market segments for Video on Demand market
• Market share analysis of key market participants and their competitive landscape
Important Questions Answered by Global Video on Demand Market Report
• What is the impact of COVID 19 epidemic on the global Video on Demand market?
• Which is mostly affected region, country?
• Which is the current largest and fastest-growing region?
• What is the market size and growth rate of the global Video on Demand market?
• What are current factors affecting the growth of market?
• What are Key trends and opportunity areas?
• Within Video on Demand market, which segments are fastest growing & emerging strongly? What are the drivers and restraints for each segment? What are vendor competencies by segment?
• What are the major strategies adopted by leading market companies?
• What are company challenges and essential success factors by market segment?
• How company offerings and supply chain capabilities are shifting to meet emerging market needs?