Global Synthetic Biology Market is valued at USD 5.5 Billion in 2019 and expected to reach USD 24.14 Billion by 2026 with the CAGR of 23.53 % over the forecast period.
Scope of the report
Synthetic biology is emerging research field that will bring new opportunities to the industry. It oﬀers innovative approaches to manipulate the metabolism of wide range of organisms to obtain valuable products. It has endless applications in healthcare, agriculture, environment and manufacturing sector in production of high quality chemicals and drugs.
This report analyses the global market for Synthetic Biology. The report will enable the user to understand and gain insights into the current and forecast market situation. The market is comprehensively analyzed by geography to give complete information on the global scenario. The qualitative and quantitative data provided in this study can help user understand which market segments, regions are expected to grow at higher rates, factors affecting the market and key opportunity areas. The report also includes competitive landscape of key players in the industry along with emerging trends in the market.
- Blue heron
- Editas Medicine, Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific, Inc.
- Integrated DNA technologies
- Origene technologies
- Pareto Biotechnologies
- Scientific genomics Inc.
- Syntrox Inc.
- Thermo Fischer Scientific
- Twist biosciences
Above mentioned companies were scrutinized to assess competitive landscape of global Synthetic Biology market. Report provides company profiles of each player. Each profile include company product portfolio,business overview, company governance, company financials, business strategies, manufacturing locations and production facilities, company sale, recent developments and strategic collaborations & partnerships, new product launch, company segments, application diversification and company strength and weakness analysis.
Review period: (2016-2026)
Historic Period: 2016 to 2019
Forecast Period: 2020 to 2026
Base Year: 2019
Unit: USD Billion
This Synthetic Biology market report provides insights on new trade regulations, import export analysis, industry value chain analysis, market size, consumption, production analysis, regional and segment market share, product launches, product pipeline analysis, impact of Covid-19 on supply chain, key regions, untapped markets, patent analysis, product approvals, continuous innovations and developments in the market.
• North America: U.S., Canada and Rest of North America
• Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific: China, Japan, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Middle East and Africa: Gulf Countries, Israel, Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa
North America dominates the global synthetic biology market. The growth in the region was primarily driven by presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, prevalence of infectious diseases, key players with robust research and development capabilities and growing private and government capital investments for the drug development. Europe was second in terms of revenue generation. The region lead in molecular biology research and has attracted several investments for research and commercial ventures. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market which recorded highest CAGR in 2019. Number of countries in the region have established infrastructure and made significant investments in synthetic biology area. China Singapore and Japan have heavily invested in building core capabilities in synthetic biology. China has established two synthetic biology research centers in 2019. One in shanghai another in Hong Kong both research facilities are dedicated to mammalian and medical synthetic biology research.
Global Synthetic Biology Market Dynamics
Synthetic biology market is driven by significant advancements in biomedical industry. It has lot of applications in healthcare, agriculture, manufacturing in production of industrial enzymes, bio- chemicals, biofuels etc. Growing investments from private and government in the sector, evolving genetic engineering, cost reductions in DNA sequencing are some of the major factors driving the growth of global Synthetic biology market. In the last 10 years synthetic biology industry has raised over $12.3B in investment. In first quarter of 2019 65 synthetic biology companies have raised $1.9 billion in funding. Major funding was into therapeutics and food industry for bioengineered products. Biosafety concerns and presence of stringent regulatory policies are hindering the growth of market. Developing applications for therapeutics, enzyme production and other commercial product manufacturing will bring several growth opportunities for the market in forecast period.
o Chassis Organisms
o Cloning Technologies Kits
o Oligonucleotides and Synthetic DNA
o Synthetic Cells
o Xeno-nucleic Acids
o Nucleotide Synthesis And Sequencing
o Genetic Engineering
o Pharmaceuticals & Diagnostics
• An overview of the global Synthetic Biology market
• In depth analysis of market dynamics and major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends influencing the global market
• Global Synthetic Biology market revenue data historic and forecast analysis (2016 to 2026)
• Characterization and quantification of the market segments for Synthetic Biology market
• Market share analysis of key market participants and their competitive landscape
Important Questions Answered by Global Synthetic Biology Market Report
• What is the impact of COVID 19 epidemic on the global Synthetic Biology market?
• Which is mostly affected region, country?
• Which is the current largest and fastest-growing region?
• What is the market size and growth rate of the global Synthetic Biology market?
• What are current factors affecting the growth of market?
• What are Key trends and opportunity areas?
• Within Synthetic Biology market, which segments are fastest growing & emerging strongly? What are the drivers and restraints for each segment? What are vendor competencies by segment?
• What are the major strategies adopted by leading market companies?
• What are company challenges and essential success factors by market segment?
• How company offerings and supply chain capabilities are shifting to meet emerging market needs?
Synthetic Biology oﬀers innovative approaches for engineering new biological systems or re-
designing existing ones for useful purposes
The market in the Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as growth in the number of pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies, the increasing number of healthcare & life science facilities, and increasing requirements for regulatory compliance in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, growing number of international alliances, heavy funding for synthetic biology research, and strong government support are expected to drive the growth of these markets during the forecast period. Furthermore, the increasing focus on the Asia Pacific markets due to their low-cost manufacturing advantage also provides growth opportunities for manufacturers.
Based on geography, the market is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA regions. In 2015, Europe was the leading geography in terms of revenue generation followed by North America. Further, Europe would continue to maintain its lead position through 2020 owing to constant support from European government and private organizations, establishment of small start-ups and investment by leading companies especially in the biofuel segment. Asia Pacific is projected as the fastest growing market owing to increasing number of research entities.