Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market is valued at USD 13.23 Billion (€ 10.91 Bn) in 2019 and expected to reach USD 34.65 Billion (€ 28.58 Bn) by 2026 with the CAGR of 14.7 % over the forecast period.
Scope of the report
Today’s diagnostic technologies support disease testing on a range of samples collected from the human body. Prevalence of a variety of diseases and infections across the world has led to testing different body fluids (samples) to diagnose disease and administer proper treatment options. Samples of blood, urine, saliva, feces, semen, sputum, tissue, and other fluids are extensively collected to test for a disease or infection. The rising prevalence of bacterial and viral diseases around the world exerts a major impact on health care and morbidity. Among the clinically significant viral infections that are widespread across the world include coronavirus, cytomegalovirus, hepatitis B, human herpes virus, measles, and human papillomavirus. Bacterial pathogens most often isolated are E coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae Enterococcus faecalis, Candida, and Staphylococcus epidermidis etc. Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection devices and products help in proper sample collection to enhance lab productivity and workflow by reducing retests and instrument downtime. Ongoing COVID 19 epidemic has resulted in higher demand for specimen collection devices and products as there is an excessive need for these devices. The global increase in COVID-19 cases has made a severe impact on diagnostic test manufacturers and the supply chains that upkeep specimen collection.
This report analyses the global market for Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection. The report will enable the user to understand and gain insights into the current and forecast market situation. The market is comprehensively analyzed by geography to give complete information on the global scenario. The qualitative and quantitative data provided in this study can help user understand which market segments, regions are expected to grow at higher rates, factors affecting the market and key opportunity areas. The report also includes competitive landscape of key players in the industry along with emerging trends in the market.
1. Puritan Medical Products
2. Copan Diagnostics, Inc.
3. Becton, Dickinson and Company
4. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
5. Quidel Corporation
6. Longhorn Vaccines and Diagnostics, LLC
7. Pretium Packaging
8. Trinity Biotech
9. Medical Wire & Equipment Co.(Bath)Limited
10. HiMedia Laboratories
11. Hardy Diagnostics
13. Titan Biotech
Above mentioned companies were scrutinized to assess competitive landscape of global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market. Report provides company profiles of each player. Each profile include company product portfolio, business overview, company governance, company financials, business strategies, manufacturing locations and production facilities, company sale, recent developments and strategic collaborations & partnerships, new product launch, company segments, application diversification and company strength and weakness analysis.
Review period: (2016-2026)
Historic Period: 2016 to 2019
Forecast Period: 2020 to 2026
Base Year: 2019
Unit: USD Billion
This Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market report provides insights on new trade regulations, market size, regional and segment market share, product/service launches, product pipeline analysis, impact of Covid-19 on, key regions, untapped markets, patent analysis, approvals, continuous innovations and developments in the market.
• North America: U.S., Canada and Rest of North America
• Europe: UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific: China, Japan, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific
• Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Middle East and Africa: Gulf Countries, Israel, Africa and Rest of Middle East and Africa
• End Users
o Hospitals & Clinics
o Home Test
o Diagnostic Laboratories
o Bacterial Specimen Collection
o Viral Specimen Collection
Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market Assessment by Product
Based on product segment, the market is segmented as Bacterial Specimen Collection and Viral Specimen Collection. The Global Bacterial Specimen Collection Market was valued at 8.7 Billion in 2020 accounting 58.31% revenue share in the year 2019.
Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market Assessment by Type
On the basis of application, the market is divided into diagnostics and research. Diagnostics segment dominated the application segment accounting 72.31% market share in 2020 and it is expected to reach USD 25.1 Billion by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 15% during 2020-2026.
Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market Assessment by End Users
On the basis of end users, the market is divided into hospitals & clinics, home test and diagnostic laboratories. Hospitals & clinics segment dominated the end users segment accounting 64.49% market share in 2020 and it is expected to reach USD 22.5 Billion by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 14.97% during 2020-2026.
Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market Assessment by Geography
The global bacterial and viral specimen collection market in terms of revenue is dominated by USA and is projected to reach at revenue of USD 8.4 Billion in 2026 at CAGR of 14.8% in the forecast period 2020-2026. The Europe bacterial and viral specimen collection market was valued at USD 2.64 Billion in 2019 and will reach USD 6.82 Billion by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 14.6% during 2020-2026. The China bacterial and viral specimen collection market was valued at USD 2.48 Billion in 2019 and will reach USD 6.53 Billion by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 14.9% during 2020-2026.
• An overview of the global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection market
• In depth analysis of market dynamics and major factors such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends influencing the global market
• Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection market revenue data historic and forecast analysis (2016 to 2026)
• Characterization and quantification of the market segments for Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection market
• Market share analysis of key market participants and their competitive landscape
Important Questions Answered by Global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market Report
• What is the impact of COVID 19 epidemic on the global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market?
• Which is mostly affected region, country?
• Which is the current largest and fastest-growing region?
• What is the market size and growth rate of the global Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market?
• What are current factors affecting the growth of market?
• What are Key trends and opportunity areas?
• Within Bacterial and Viral Specimen Collection Market, which segments are fastest growing & emerging strongly? What are the drivers and restraints for each segment? What are vendor competencies by segment?
• What are the major strategies adopted by leading market companies?
• What are company challenges and essential success factors by market segment?
• How company offerings and supply chain capabilities are shifting to meet emerging market needs?